Do you ever wonder how much is shared between animals and small children? I think that we have innate telepathic link with animals when we are young that somehow is lost as we get older. This picture reminded me of that.
Word count: 100
– What do you see?
– Wait a minute – I need to get up to the next branch. There!
– Poppy? Can you see it?
– I’m looking. This is great. I can see right into Scruffy’s yard.
– C’mon. The ball! Do you see it in their yard?
– Nope. It’s gone. Like I said, it just disappeared.
– Ah man, that was my favorite ball, too.
– You have a two more right here! It’s OK.
– I guess. I just liked that one. It was red.
– Well, I tried. Now for the real problem. How do I get down?
© Erin Leary
To see other Friday Fictioneers, please visit here.