It took looking at this picture awhile before I could see what was going on. It reminded me of some of the obscure art installations I’ve seen while traveling.
Picture copyright-David Stewart
Word Count: 90
– I feel like that sometimes.
– Like what?
– That sculpture thing there – the legs in the pavement, the guy jumping out.
– What are you talking about?
– When I travel – I feel like I jump through the earth and pop up in some new place. I feel disoriented, fragmented, not quite myself.
– You come up with the strangest thoughts. By the way, where are we again?
– I don’t know – check your itinerary. Somewhere in Japan, I think.
– Huh. Right. Day 5. Look at that temple!
Please check out the links to all the other Flash Friday Fictioneers, which can be found here.
© Erin Leary