– Remember how much she used to love decorating cookies with us?
– Of course – I was there, too.
– I know – it’s just that you were so young.
– What was the cat’s name again?
– Stinky. He was a real Tom cat, balls and all. Back then, you didn’t neuter pets.
– I remember how her house used to smell. It was a combination of cooking, rose powder and love.
– A wonderful woman…pity we don’t have more than a few pictures to remind us. Oh – there’s the timer. Let’s get this batch out to cool.
– We have more than that, mom – we have cookies, too!
– That we do, dear.
The photo prompt is courtesy of Scott L. Vannatter via Rochelle Wisoff-Fields. Links to all the other Flash Friday Fictioneers can be found here.
© Erin Leary