Photo prompt courtesy of Madison Woods
Sunrise at the River
– Is grandma really gone, mama?
– Yes, honey, she’s really gone.
– Do you miss her?
– I miss her every day, especially on mornings like this one.
– Are you sad?
– No, sweetie, not really sad. Just a little lost is all. I feel a little like that leaf there on the river, floating along, not real sure where I’m headed. But I’m moving. I’m getting on with things.
– You sound sad.
– I guess I am, a little.
– I’d miss you if you were gone.
– That’s enough for me, hon. That’s enough.
Today’s post is part of Flash Friday Fictioneers. The photo prompt is courtesy of Madison Woods. Her story can be found here, along with links to all the other Flash Friday Fictioneers.